Sunday 3 July 2011

What Do You Mean You Don't Do Yoga!?

Trends! Its sort of a pandemic in my opinion! Yoga, quinoa, bootcamp.....you see where I'm going??


It seems you can't go anywhere without people talking about one of these things these days! Do you feel out of the loop when you have NO idea what they're talking about? Yeah, me too! You politely smile & nod, while the sound of quinoa in everything makes you want to vomit? What's so great about it anyways? (I'm sure its really good, and healthy, but I just don't think people need to talk about it all the time, and put it in EVERYTHING!) Seriously, its usually brought up about once a day in the staff room at work!


Does this look appealing to you?




Don't even get me started on yoga! I guess I'm probably so "anti-yoga" is because like the aforementioned quinoa, people just don't shut up about it! Maybe part of the reason is also because I am pretty sure I'd be dreadful at it! Sure, I've done it on my Wii Fit (in my ever constant battle to lose weight) & it hasn't been so bad, but I can't see myself signing up for a class & doing it! I'm sure people are just going to think "Stop complaining & just try it" about mostly everything I say on this post, but I just need to get it out, and hopefully find someone who shares my mind set!


And the yoga wear! I'm sorry, I know it's probably comfortable, but I can't justify paying over $100 for a pair  of pants to sweat it! I do realize that most people are only wearing this stuff because its fashionable, but it still really irritates me! I know its irrational, but I can't help it! I say, go to Wal Mart, pay $20 for the pants & be done with it! But I guess that's the "getting old" part of me kicking in!! :)


I'm sure everyone looks like this while doing yoga! ;)

Everyone has to know of these people....."You should join boot camp with me, it's SO FUN and you'll LOVE IT"! I'm sorry, but getting up at 5am to work out while some one yells at you to run up & down hills, which then will most likely induce vomiting does not appeal to me! Then when you tell them no, they just keep hounding you!!

Like I said, I'm sure some people are going to read this & think all I do is complain, but lets face it! I'm 28...I pretty much know what I like & what I don't! That's not to say I have a completely closed mind about trying new things, but when they get blown up like these particular things do, it makes me want to try it less & less! Call it what you will, I just call it knowing myself!

Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment