Wednesday 6 July 2011

Can Someone Open An "Anti-Costco"?

Has anyone else ever thought they should make grocery stores for single people? Maybe this is how I will make my millions, develop this concept? 

How often do you open a bag of salad or a crate of strawberries, and only days later they go rotten? I can't count how many times this has happened to me! Its quite irritating! You try & eat healthy as a single person & most of the time, the stuff goes bad before you can use even half of it!! 


Mmm! Delicious moldy fruit!!!

Yesterday my friend asked me if I had a Costco card! I just laughed at her & said "Why would I have a Costco card?" Sure, you don't have to buy just food from Costco, but what single 20 something has one? If you want to have a years worth of toilet paper or Windex in one trip (I still have the industrial size I bought when I moved out over 2.5 years ago), then maybe that's enough for you, but I can't imagine myself paying for a membership to buy stuff that will most likely, go bad! 

I'm sure some people are going to say, just make everything & freeze it, or buy frozen fruits & vegetables, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of buying FRESH produce? I also don't own a deep freeze, so I would have no where to put all of this stuff! Instead I buy what I like to call "single lady dinners" aka Lean Cuisine or any other frozen meal, eat those & probably consume what too much processed food! Maybe I also just hate cooking in general? :)

So I purpose that someone, with a lot more smarts & innovation than me, start sort of an "Anti-Costco" for single people! Sell smaller portioned things for a reasonable price? Am I crazy? Does this sound like a good idea to anyone else? Unless you're on 19 Kids & Counting, I don't see why granola bars have to come in a box of 100!!

I hope someone shares my crazy thoughts on this one! :)

Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment