Saturday 2 July 2011

Growing Pains....When Did We Turn Into Our Mothers?

Hello world! This is my first blog post & I am really excited about starting this! I just thought about starting this tonight when I came home & heard these kids screaming while playing & thought to myself "Do all children have to scream like that"? Then I realized how OLD I sounded! While I don't feel my age (28, turning 29 in less than a week) I am starting to realize that a lot of the things that I SWORE would never bug me when I was younger are starting to. This made me laugh! If I could list everything, I think I would develop carpal tunnel syndrome from typing it all down!


Here are some examples :
1. People who drive really noisy cars. You know the ones? With those crazy loud mufflers that could wake the dead? They usually have some shitty music at loud volumes too.


2. Neighbours who have their music obnoxiously loud. Yes, I have one of these! I left her a "friendly"note and when that didn't solve the problem, I wrote TWO...yes TWO e-mails to my condo board. I would have never thought that I would be doing this!


3. Kids who don't dress their age & look way older than they are. I don't get it! When I was in high school, we wore everything 2 times too big! Granted, we grew up with Nirvana & Soundgarden, but still! Some of the kids I see these days look older than I do! I guess that's part of the reason I never feel "grown up" enough!


4. Going shopping & not knowing what a particular garment is! I realized a few months back while I was shopping with a good friend that I am either out of touch with the world or I am old! I picked up something and said "Is this a skirt or a top"? to which she replied "I'm not sure." This is something our mothers would have probably said when we were younger! When did we turn into our mothers?!!


As I've just written all of that, I realize how lame this makes me sound, but I am sure I'm not the only one who feels this way! 


Like I said, there are many other things I could probably add to that list, but for now this is good! I hope for this to be a somewhat humorous blog so I would appreciate comments to let me know how I am doing. This is my first post & I hope to add many more. 


Cheers,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment